Monday, July 6, 2009

Hymn To Home

I haven't had much to say in the blogworld lately. I realize this, in fact, just looked at the date of my last post and cringed. All that to say, I have actually been writing, just not the rambling sort of prose I normally produce and occasionally stick here for you to do with it what you will. Lyrics have been my main stride lately.

So, if there's even anyone left who's still interested, here's a little of what's been washing over the floors of the Crescent music room (it kind of feels like cheating since this is a few months old...but it may be new to you). In case you want to get the feel of it, the music is uncomplicated and moves along in a hymn-like manner.

Hymn to Home (Sing to Me of Love and Home)

We'll hang pictures on the wall
The family tree that lines the hall
A forest of our history
Reminds us how we came to be

We'll pick out the hardwood floors
And build our dreams with two-by-fours
The table that your father made
And blankets for the window shades

So sing to me of love and home
So I will know I'm not alone
And we'll spin tales both loud and long
So we remain when we are gone

We'll hang laundry on the line
And pray it doesn't rain this time
And if clouds gather in the sky
We'll build a roof to keep us dry

I can play mom's old upright
And serenade you through the night
And once the stars are tucked away
Then hand in hand we'll greet the day

And we'll sing songs of love and home
Reminding us we're not alone
And we'll spin tales both loud and long
So we remain when we are gone.


Fin.

No comments: